The giving season is upon us and the time when we reflect on those less fortunate than ourselves, especially this year. While Christmas is a time of great joy for many of us, for many homeless families or families in crisis, it is just another day of struggle, instability and uncertainty.
Each year in the weeks leading up to Christmas, Central Park invites you to donate food and gifts to assist the Pat Giles Centre, Oz Harvest and the Salvation Army.
The wishing Christmas box will be located near the Concierge desk from Friday 27 November. Please place all gifts/food inside the 1 box and it will be distributed across the 3 charities.
The list of preferred gifts is listed below along with the dates of collection.
- Pat Giles Centre
- Collection date - Thursday 3 December
- The Patricia Giles Centre for Non-Violence and Zonta House are non-profit centres that deliver a range of services and quality care for the underprivileged and those who are affected by family and domestic violence, including homelessness. Suggested donation items include:
- Food Items - dry and non-perishable items .
- Gifts – for children of all ages, unwrapped.
- Oz Harvest
- Collection date Friday 11 December
- OzHarvest requests non-perishable food items only and within use-by date including the below. Food containing alcohol cannot be accepted, so please do not donate Christmas Puddings or chocolate liqueurs.
- Pasta, rice, whole grain cereal
- Canned fruit and veg, tuna, salmon, chicken, beef stews (ring pull)
- Long life milk products, breakfast cereals, tea/coffee
- Biscuits (sweet and savoury)
- Salvation Army
- Collection date Monday 14 December
- Please leave gifts unwrapped, so parents/guardians can experience the dignity and joy of choosing gifts based on the recipients’ interests or personality. Feel free to include wrapping paper or gift bags with the gifts. Please consider donating gifts or older age groups (teenagers and parents) as every year they are overwhelmed with gifts for younger children.
- Gift vouchers
- Outdoor equipment such as bicycles, skateboards, scooters, helmets, knee and elbow pads, beach towels, body boards, beach bags, netballs, footballs, soccer balls, basketballs and cricket sets.
- Activities such as books, puzzles and board games, lego, Meccano, art and craft packs, stationery, science kits, toy cars and music instruments.
- Personal accessories such as baseball caps, sun hats, jewellery, sunglasses, hair clips, watches, make-up, perfume, aftershave, nail polish, backpacks, wallets and handbags.
- Electronics such as console games for PlayStation, Xbox, hair dryers, hair straighteners, MP3 players, headphones, speakers and cameras.
With your generosity we can help make this an extra special Christmas for many families in Perth.
Keep an eye out for our new Christmas decorations in the lobby on Friday 27 November.