Join renowned artists Kevin Bynder, Sioux Tempestt, Luke O’Donohoe and Mel McVee (aka Melski), as they transform the Central Park benches into beautiful art.
The 2-day free event includes a range of activities for both adults and families.
- Friday 29 Sept will be the BENCHMARK FINALE EVENT, so we will be joined by all eight of our Benchmark artists: Anya Brock, Kevin Bynder, Marcia McGuire, Mel McVee (aka Melski), Luke O’Donohoe, Brenton See, Elly Sumner and Sioux Tempestt. Feel free to ask questions about their approach; what inspires them; their art practice; and how art can help you lead a more centred, balanced and thriving life.
- Play Games, Relax and Read or Get Creative - Come celebrate the Australian bush, wildlife and the environment with our Bush Fairies. Play games, relax and read or get creative with our nature-inspired recycled arts and crafts activities. Suitable for kids of all ages – including mums and dads.
- Circus “Pick Up and Play” Workshops - Join our talented circus trainers who will demonstrate a collection of circus skills. Participants are free to come in at any time and have a go at unicycles, hula hoops, juggling balls, diablo, flower sticks, poi and plate spinning. Suitable for all ages, skill levels, and abilities. Session times: 12pm – 2.30pm
- Interactive Storytelling - Get ready to be captivated, enthralled and inspired with storytelling by the fabulous, Clare Stace as “Lizzy Dizzy Lady Bug”. Session times: 12pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm
- Perth Plein Air Painters – Quick Draw Challenge and demonstration. Times: 12.30pm for 1pm start
- Stilt-walking West Australian Wildflowers –Playing peekaboo in and around Central Park’s gardens you will find these stunning and uniquely West Australian wildflower blossoms! Local creative Libby Hammer has created fun and colourful stilt-walking characters that embody the beauty of our natural flora and bring it front and centre in a celebration of what WA is all about. Come and have a chat and a selfie with these gorgeous and engaging blooms! Session times: 11.30am – 2.45pm
- Face Painting - session times: 11.30am – 3pm
- Live music - Grab your colleagues and listen to Chris Gibbs, one of Perth’s most sought-after musicians and the beautiful harmonies performed by Champagne Duo in the park over lunch. Session time: 11.30am – 1.30pm
Studies show that viewing and participating in art activities can decrease stress levels, boost our immune systems, and it’s a great way to provide relief from mental exhaustion. Don't miss out on this fun filled creative day.
Location: Park - corner of Hay & William Streets
Date and Time: Thursday 28 September and Friday 29 September from 11.30am - 3.30pm
Who can attend: You and your colleagues and bring along your family, including your kids and friends.
More information and to register for this free event, click here
Central Arts at Central Park
Central Park is reimagining and evolving the role of our modern workplace within the lives of workers, visitors and the wider community by centring the tower within the heart of WA’s arts and cultural landscape – creating “Central Arts at Central Park”
We have been working with a variety of art groups to deliver a program over the next few years of mentally-stimulating and immersive arts and cultural events designed to ignite the senses and broaden the mind with a range of artforms including visual, literary, performance and culinary.
Images by © Brett Canét-Gibson (Twine)