The giving season is upon us and the time when we reflect on those less fortunate than ourselves. While Christmas is a time of great joy for many of us, for many homeless families or families in crisis, it is just another day of struggle, instability and uncertainty.
Each year in the weeks leading up to Christmas, Central Park invites you to donate food and gifts to assist the Salvation Army.
The wishing Christmas box will be located near the Concierge desk from Monday 21 November. Please place all gifts/food inside the box.
The list of preferred gifts is listed below along with the collection date.
- Salvation Army
- Collection date Friday 9 December
- Please leave gifts unwrapped, so parents/guardians can experience the dignity and joy of choosing gifts based on the recipients’ interests or personality. Feel free to include wrapping paper or gift bags with the gifts. Please consider donating gifts for older age groups (teenagers and parents) as every year they are overwhelmed with gifts for younger children.
- Food - non-perishable eg. sauces, meal kits, cereals, tinned foods, snacks, long-life, baby food, tea, coffee
- Gift vouchers
- Outdoor equipment such as bicycles, skateboards, scooters, helmets, knee and elbow pads, beach towels, body boards, beach bags, netballs, footballs, soccer balls, basketballs and cricket sets.
- Activities such as books, puzzles and board games, lego, Meccano, art and craft packs, stationery, science kits, toy cars and music instruments.
- Personal accessories such as baseball caps, sun hats, jewellery, sunglasses, hair clips, watches, make-up, perfume, aftershave, nail polish, backpacks, wallets and handbags.
- Electronics such as console games for PlayStation, Xbox, hair dryers, hair straighteners, MP3 players, headphones, speakers and cameras.
With your generosity we can help make this an extra special Christmas for many families in Perth.