UPDATED DATES DUE TO WEATHER - Thursday 20 April and Friday 21 April from 11.30am - 3.30pm
Join renowned artists Brenton See and Elly Sumner as they transform the Central Park benches into beautiful art.
The 2-day free event includes a range of activities for both adults and families.
- Play games, relax and read or get creative – Come celebrate the Australian bush, wildlife and the environment with our Bush Fairies. Play games, relax and read or get creative with our nature-inspired recycled arts and crafts activities. Suitable for kids of all ages – including mums and dads.
- Art Therapy sessions – come along and reset your mind during your work day. Designed for adults. Times: every 10 – 20 mins from 11.30am
- Alexander Technique demonstrations – in just a few minutes, you’ll feel like you’re walking out of a Yoga class where someone else has done the work – feeling centred inside yourself, strangely balanced and light on your feet. Times: 11.45am, 12.45pm, 2pm
- Interactive Storytelling with acclaimed author, Glenn Swift – expect stories about quokkas, dingoes and crocodiles – and watch the kids acting out their parts or joining the chorus of noise that is the Australian bush. Times: 11.30am – 12pm, 12.30pm – 1pm, 1.30pm – 2pm, 2.30pm – 3pm
- Perth Plein Air Painters – Quick Draw Challenge and demonstration. Times: 12.30pm for 1pm start
- Stilt-walking West Australian Wildflowers – come and grab a selfie with these stunning and uniquely West Australian wildflower blossoms. Times: 11.30am – 12pm, 12.30pm – 1pm, 1.30pm – 2pm, 2.30pm – 3pm
- Live music
- Register and attend to receive a $5 off* voucher to use at Central Park retailers
Location: Park - corner of Hay & William Streets
Date and Time: Thursday 20 April and Friday 21 April from 11.30am - 3.30pm
Who can attend: You and your colleagues and bring along your family, including your kids and friends.
More information and to register for this free event, click here
*Please note - Kevin Bynder can no longer participate on 20 and 21 April 2023. However, mark your dairy for 28 and 29 September 2023 as Kevin will be transforming the benches along with other artists.
Central Arts at Central Park
Central Park is reimagining and evolving the role of our modern workplace within the lives of workers, visitors and the wider community by centring the tower within the heart of WA’s arts and cultural landscape – creating “Central Arts at Central Park”
We have been working with a variety of art groups to deliver a program over the next few years of mentally-stimulating and immersive arts and cultural events designed to ignite the senses and broaden the mind with a range of artforms including visual, literary, performance and culinary.
*Conditions apply. See back of voucher for more details.